I acknowledge that the fun walk (the Event) I am about to undertake has inherent dangers which could result in serious injury to myself.
I hereby acknowledge that I have read, understood and agree to the following terms and conditions of the Event and indemnity:
- I confirm that I am not suffering from any medical conditions that may be adversely affected by my participation in the Event, including the following: pregnancy; high blood pressure; heart conditions; neurological disorders; epilepsy; acute or chronic knee or back disorders; conditions of the skeleton, muscles or nervous system; and osteoporosis.
- The Event is being undertaken at my own risk and CHILD WELFARE Durban and District (CWDD), including its employees, contractors and volunteers involved in organising the Event (the Event Organisers) will not be held liable to myself or my dependants for any claims arising from injuries (whether fatal or otherwise) sustained during the Event.
- Persons signing entry as guardian of a minor hereby consent to such minor being bound but the foregoing and father indemnify the organisers and aforementioned parties to the extent, if any, to which such minor is not capable of waiving his/her rights as stipulated above.
- I grant permission to the organizers and sponsors, in section 51 of the Electronic Communications Transactions Act 25 of 2002, to use my name, race information and any photographs, video tape, broadcast and/or telecast footage in which I may appear, for whatever use, at no charge.
- The Organisers reserves the right to cancel the CWDD Crazy Hats Fun Walk at any stage, even after it has commenced, should they, in their sole discretion, decide that it is not in the interest of the walkers or the CWDD Crazy Hats Fun Walk itself to hold the CWDD Crazy Hats Fun Walk on account of extremely adverse weather conditions, civil commotion; political unrest; riots; blockades; threats of violence or intimidation; circumstances where the safety of the walkers in question or any other good cause.
- The Event Organisers will not be held liable for any loss of or damage to any property sustained by me during the Event, howsoever such damage is caused.
- I undertake to comply with the instructions of the Event Organisers during the Event.
- I hereby expressly indemnify and hold harmless the Event Organisers against all actions or claims by me arising from the Event.
- I accept that this agreement sets out the full basis of the relationship between the Event Organisers and myself.
- I acknowledge that this agreement is governed by the laws of South Africa and that in the event of my bringing any legal action against the Event Organisers, I agree that only courts in South Africa shall have jurisdiction.